Lowndes Middle coach recovering after being burned | News
VALDOSTA, GA- A Lowndes Middle School coach is recovering in the Joseph Still burn center in Augusta.
Ed Mitchell was burned on his hands, leg and a foot while cooking Saturday.
He was pulling a pan off of the stove when grease fell on him and burned him.
"I called him on the phone not thinking he would answer," said Lowndes Middle Principal Dr. Derald C. Jones. "I thought his wife would answer. Well, he answered the phone. He is not one to talk too much about himself. He kind of minimized the damage and said it's not that bad. He did receive second and third degree burns on his feet."
Mitchell coaches three sports for the school and he coaches with the Boys and Girls club. He did have surgery on his foot. His family says he is recovering well.
Copyright 2012 WALB. All rights reserved.